Sunday 18 September 2011

Me vs Japan : Summer

Okay so there are loads of thing I love about Japan, but there are also things that annoy the hell out of me. The current bane of my daily life is Summer. Now I used to love summer, it was one of my favourite seasons back in England (maybe because of it's rarity and spontaneity ) and Japan is always banging on about it's beautiful 4 seasons (it's the only place with 4 don't you know) but yeah...it sucks.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just hot. I love hot weather so for me daily temperatures of around 30 degrees is lovely. One of the things I used to love about summer is how everyone wears their cutest best clothes. Everyone looks better in summer. You can get out your short shorts or your cute little dresses. Yeah in Japan, you better make sure you also have a thick t-shirt under that cute dress and short short? I think you mean knee length skirt. I don't know if it's to prevent tanning or what but people wear SO MUCH clothing in summer here. It's crazy, they must be dying. The worst part is though, I have to do it too or you get both pervy guys looking at your goodies and Japanese women judging you on your darkness. Fail Japan...learn how to do summer right.

And I've not even gone into the whole humidity thing. I wish I'd just got my hair relaxed again before I came because it reverts the second I step out of the door. I get so dehydrated from sweating so much which is so gross in itself. Gah, I'm dying for autumn right now. Also for some reason everyone has decided it's Autumn now for some reason. I swear the weather is the same as when I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...