Wednesday 16 November 2011

Style Inspirations : RihoKate


RihoKate (リホケイト)is an egg reader model and the first in my series of blog posts about my style inspirations. I think I first really remember her from last February's valentine's section where I thought she just looked awful. I remember making fun of her with Unni. I'll be honest, I still don't like how she does her makeup but she is also at the moment one of my favourite gal models.


RihoKate model for my beloved JSG for their A/W collection. I like her style and the way she puts her co-ordinates together. I think everything she wears screams gal, even if you take away her make-up and her hair. I like that she takes risks with gal.


This November's issue of egg had the theme of "grrrls message from the street". I think this is them trying to breathe some fire back into gal tbh but I really enjoyed RihoKate's sections because she has such a good attitude to her fashion. It made me respect her so much more and I understand some of her more out there choices now (such as her hair in that issue, it's like when I had crochet braids but worse >.<)


Her general stance on fashion, and life basically is : "I look the way I like because I like it. It my life so I can't spend it worrying about what you think of me" (not a direct translation just summing up) I find it so refreshing in a land of girls that all want to look just like Nishino Kana because it's pretty much socially acceptable and it means boys will like them. When I first got into gal it was at the height of haaaaardy (if anyone even remembers that) and Kaoru was queen. At that time I hadn't started dressing gal really but I really liked the whole atmosphere around the style. It was young and rebellious and bright. Now it's all pastels and no edge which bores me almost to tears so seeing that gals like Riho still exist is like a breath of fresh air. Yay for gals that don't give a shit! More of these please!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...